PGTI Feeder Tour: Rookies Ashbeer and Honey Baisoya shine in round one

Jaipur. Ashbeer S  aini of Kapurthala and Delhi's Honey Baisoya, both playing in their first season on the PGTI, shot scores of four-under-66 to be the joint leaders in the first round at the PGTI Feeder Tour event being played at the Rambagh Golf Club in Jaipur. Dipankar Kaushal of Noida was in third place having posted a three-under-67.

 

While Ashbeer Saini fired a bogey-free 66, Honey Baisoya's round featured six birdies and two bogeys.

 

Saini said, "I was in brilliant putting form today as I sank birdie putts from 20 and 15 feet on the 10th and third respectively. I also created some birdie opportunities with my hitting. I almost drove the par-4 green on the seventh and found the green in two on the par-5 eighth for successive birdies. I've gained some good experience this year and the runner-up finish in my first event lifted my confidence."

 

Baisoya, who played alongside Ashbeer on the amateur circuit till last year, said, "The top-10 finish in Nepal couple of weeks back has helped me raise my game. My putter was hot on the front-nine today as I sank birdie putts from 10 feet on the first and fifth. I also hit it really well. I landed my tee shot within five feet for birdie on the fourth. I narrowly missed out on eagle opportunities on the 12th and 18th where I eventually bagged birdies. My approach shot from 150 yards landed within one inch of the pin on the 12th while my eagle putt from 15 feet lipped out on the 18th."

Dipankar Kaushal is one stroke off the lead in third place. His round featured an eagle on the 18th, four birdies and three bogeys.

Jaipur's Vishal Singh is in tied fourth along with Gurgaon's Arshpreet Thind and Richard Stephen Hilton of Dehradun at two-under-68.

  

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

और नया पुराने