the Standard Chartered Open

Colombo. Mithun Perera of Sri Lanka fired a six-under-65 in round three to take a two-stroke lead at the Standard Chartered Open, a PGTI event, being played at the Royal Colombo Golf Club in Colombo. Perera's total score reads 17-under-196 after the penultimate round. India's Rashid Khan carded a scintillating nine-under-62 to end the day in second position at 15-under-198.

 

Defending champion Mithun Perera (63-68-65), the overnight joint leader, emerged the top contender for the title on day three after he established a two-shot lead. Perera’s third round of 65 featured eight birdies and two bogeys.

 

Mithun said, “I was very pleased with the way I played today. I’ll look to capitalize on my lead in the final round. I didn’t have a great front-nine but the back-nine was terrific and helped me grow in confidence.”

 

Rashid Khan (71-65-62), who was tied sixth after round two, came up with a sublime bogey-free 62, the day’s best score, to end the day in second position. Rashid’s round saw him make two eagles and five birdies.

 

Rashid said, “I was delighted to record my personal best today. The fact that I went bogey-free made the round even more special. I know I’ll have to putt really well to have a chance in the final round. I’ve enjoyed playing here and am looking forward to giving it my best in the final round.”

 

Third position is occupied by Sri Lankan N Thangaraja at 13-under-200. Thangaraja returned a 68 in round three.

 

Shivaram Shrestha of Nepal and India’s Chiragh Kumar are in fourth and fifth place with scores of 12-under-201 and nine-under-204 respectively.

   

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

और नया पुराने